Sunday, February 13, 2011

Useless Contraptions Outlet...

So in my dream last night I got this job at a place called U.C.O. (Useless Contraptions Outlet) this conglom was so weird, they held the patents for 99% of the gadgets you see on the home-shopping networks and thousands and thousands more including over 1200 in Japan (which they bragged about when they hired me) they wanted me to help them with their packaging and they paid so much money it was insane. but here is the catch... this girl I used to work with at my old job was working there when I got hired, she was so pissed off that no one had told her they were hiring me that she went on a rampage and blew the place up one day during lunch...
So then we come back from lunch and find the parking lot filled with cops and fire-trucks and people running everywhere. So then we are all sent home and three days later after being pissed that I have to now go instantly looking for a job once more... I get a call saying why haven't I been coming into work and had I quit...
No I tell them I hadn't quit but I had been told to go home and that I would be called. They said for me to show up to work the next day or else they would consider me fired. So I show up the next day and sure enough there are people in the wreckage of the building still working away at their smashed and torn apart cubicles. they spend their days gathering pieces of their computers and trying to get them working again and honestly it is so weird. seeing some of these people hooking video cards up to modems and doing things all wrong, completely wrong, its really silly... Then someone asked me to go grab some coffee in the break room and meet them in the conference room to go over a new product. So then I go looking for the break room but to get there you had to go through the lobby... the bathroom in the lobby is where the bomb went off. so I open up the door and there is just desert there... and  guy comes walking out of scorching heat which is beating my face with his tie wrapped around his face like a dust cloth from one of those old French Foreign Legion movies. I ask the guy where the break room is and he says you gotta walk out there beyond the 4th dune...
and then I am in the desert and I feel like the spice-worms are all around me and those stripped dr suess ones from beetle-juice too and its very weird and just like the guy said beyond the fourth dune sure enough there is another chunk of the building and the the break room... so the coffee machine is working and so I get some.. and then I realize how the fucking hell am I going to get it across the desert and back to the conference room without it getting full of sand... And I grab the phone in the break room and I call my bosses desk and ask him about that and he directs me to go down the hallway from the break room and through human resources and then go down part way to the gym and take the ventilation tunnel going east or to my left and I would be back in the hallway between out department and stairs going up to the tv studios and the research and development labs on the second floor.  So then I am crawling through this tunnel and I hear things before and behind me, slithering things and the occasional rattle of a rattle snake and I am scared and it is such a long crawl that in the middle I cannot see the light behind me and still cannot see the light in front of me and I can feel the weight of the desert pressing down on me from above and I start to get freaked out and I finish my coffee and then decide to go back but the tunnel is two narrow for me to turn around and I dont like the idea of crawling backward and so I continue on forward and after what seems like 450,000 years of crawling I get to the ladder going up to the hallway beside our department. Once I get out they ask me to grab my laptop and come into the conference room. My tower is still in my cubicle but everything is all jumbled up, and then I see the corner of the lap top poking out from under it and so I unhook and move the tower aside and grab up the lap top and I head into the meeting. ...after the meeting the tower is now gone and I have to chase the girl who blew the building up across the desert to get it back and just as I catch up to her I see that she isn't carrying the PC-tower and I get mad and I woke up just now pissed off that the dream made no sense and so I had to come write it down before I forgot it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment