Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bizarro job...

All right so last night I dreamed that I work in publishing Bizarro books, but while eraserhead is on the 8th floor of the building along with avant punk, and deadite press, the rest of the imprints go down in floors and then get to the lowest level, which was the imprint that I ran, on the first floor. Scabby Goat Waffle books was the imprint I ran, and I came to work everyday in this huge Cadillac from the '70s it was convertible and pink... Two of my employees were even bigger Carlton Mellick fans than I am and they were trying to grow out their mutton chops but only to pitiful effect. I would get there in the morning, which it seems important to note that the two guys who I car pool with to work each day always ask me to stop at this or that store to get this or that to eat or drink and I always agree and tell them that sounds great lets do it. and then I never stop and just haul ass right to work...But when I get there in the morning I would always see people getting set up for their presentations for one of the imprints up on the higher floors, and I would gaze in wonder at how fancy they were because the people who send me stuff to try to get it published, usually sent it in a shabby manilla envelope often with food and blood stains on it. I did get to sit in a morning meeting with the heads of each floor with Rose OKeefe but she was always so busy talking with the cool dept heads from the other floors that I never get a chance to even get within 12 feet of her. She once waved at me as the elevator doors closed though... I swear she did..

No comments:

Post a Comment