Thursday, July 21, 2011

Teaching Horror...

Last night I dreamed I was hired to teach horror to upcoming writers at an art college of some sort... So my fiance and I went down there and there was this long lecture i went thru where I explained how to build tension and suspense by way of citing examples in Grimm's fairy tales and John Carpenter's the Thing.. the lecture went great and we were in some warehouse where they were supplementing the colleges income by selling books... this kid who had been at the lecture came up to Laura and I while we were sitting eating lunch and watching these poor grad students packing and shipping books to ask me if i could make learning about Greek tragedies fun like I had horror.  I was reading some comics and showing him some examples in "Knights of the Dinner Table" when his professor came up, the guy looked like a combination of Sebastian bach from skid row and david hyde pierce from frasier.. and he was pissed that I was trying to teach his student better than he could or some shit and was ranting and raving and screaming he was gonna get me fired and what not...
then I woke up...

No comments:

Post a Comment