Saturday, April 2, 2011

journey...

Last night I dreamed that I got myself a new electric guitar finally after 13 years since my ex-wife pawned all my guitar stuff... which was alot btw...

charvel model 5 = $500
Laney 100 watt amp = $500
Jackson Dinky = $1300
Fender StratoCaster = $350
Gibson SG = $800


and of course the charvel and Laney are not for sale anymore I bought them back in 1987 so they were not replaceable at all...I just checked ebay as well and there isn't even one for sale there either in fact just finding a picture of the model I had its turning into a task. anyhow...

I got a new guitar and started practicing again like crazy after work and what not when I was not in the mood to write. and I eventually got a bit back of what I had before, which btw I used to be able to play along with slayer and yngwie albums back then cd's now i guess...
so for some reason there was this contest for some new product and they wanted people to sing Don't stop believing by Journey, and someone had found a post on youtube of me playing the guitar part for it on a REAL guitar not some plastic piece of shit with huge fisher price buttons and asked me to make a new metal arrangement of the song with heavier guitar and such for their theme song. and I made so much money from this commercial that I never had to work again and I was so happy and I was so rich and then I wake up and find out that its been 13 years since I had an electric guitar and all my gear was pawned and lost years ago by a junkie and I can goof around and play snippets that i remember but I cannot play even 1/256th of the stuff I used to play at all... its so pathetic..

No comments:

Post a Comment